Forum topics: Previous | Next
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >

Happy 8th Birthday Subscene + Our Very Own IRC Channel

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ERIZ_bRqSPE/Se1kUM0BOaI/AAAAAAAAAY8/WeEYMyBf5oc/s400/happy-birthday.gif

Yes, it's time to burn the candles today as we progress to our eight awesome (yet a loooong) year today on 24th November. Who would ever know it would be our eight year so far? *sniffles*

To bring a long story short, Subscene.com started as a small website, supported by the former Divxstation.com website, on 24th November, 2001. We have 3 lovely system admins: the gorgeous yet strict Lyliakar, the lone yet omnipotent wolf Rogard and the guy-behind-it-all That::Thing. Don't forget we also have other admins: Dr.kalid, i1chocolat, ReDevil, johnkenny and verdikt, who have painstakingly used their time to help bring the site you guys see today.

As a result of seven passed successful years, I think it's time we raise our glasses of champagne as I have now made an official IRC channel for Subscene.com. Still don't know what IRC means? IRC (or Internet Chat Relay) is a more secured way of chatting with other users on a dedicated channel about a particular topic. Note that even though its looks complex, IRC is still used by many websites.

Server: IRC.Efnet.org
Channel: #subscene

To access IRC, you can install the stand-alone mIRC (which is shareware) or you can download the applet Chatzilla if you have Mozilla Firefox.

irc://irc.efnet.org/#subscene (thanks to g33k3rgRR for the fix)

This is the irc address. If you have Chatzilla installed or any other IRC client, it should open when you click on the link above.

We're waiting for you! :)

Happy Birthday subscene .   Cake

and congratulations for the IRC channel .  [Cool]

thanks verdikt for your efforts ... My regards.

Yay! Happy B-Day subscene!

I am happy we're still here, alive and kicking.

My thanks go to that::thing for maintaining this site and all the other admins, past and present - and to all you subbers and subtitle users out there. We all made subscene to what it is today. Good job, guys, and keep it up, because...

We are subscene!

To the next 8 years. Party!!!

PS: Thanks verdikt for your nice announcement and thoughts. I've been on IRC but unfortunately no-one home. :-(

Happy Birthday, Subscene.

It honors me to be part of this wonderful community. It is really my second home. Thanks.

rogard:

PS: Thanks verdikt for your nice announcement and thoughts. I've been on IRC but unfortunately no-one home. :-(

That's cause I was sleeping. And I was there. =P

Guys, please do come to the IRC channel. It was so hard setting it up, I just don't want to see it going down in vain. 

Just a quick reminder that we now have an IRC channel for subscene. That is your chance to talk to the other subscene members. Please don't be shy and say hello.

Server: IRC.Efnet.org
Channel: #subscene

To access IRC, you can install the stand-alone mIRC (which is shareware) or you can download the applet Chatzilla if you have Mozilla Firefox.

irc://irc.efnet.org/subscene

This is the irc address. If you have Chatzilla installed or any other IRC client, it should open when you click on the link above.

Happy Birthday,

I've only just discovered you looking for English subtitles for Wim Wender's Kings of the Road.  I'll look around for it unless anyone can advise...

Thank you.

In return, I've found English subs for you. :-)

http://subscene.com/english/Kings-of-the-Road-Im-Lauf-der-Zeit/subtitle-282155.aspx

Am I gonna see The Next one?  [Smile]

Efnet seems to not like chatzilla, it keeps posting this ascii thing that can hardly be recognized and then doesn't take any input...

Okay, I've finally fixed the IRC link. It works now =)

Nice :)

Okay this is really pissing off. Can't any of you guys come and say hello? We've been having this chan for such a long time and yet no one's here. :(

Happy belated birthday, Subscene!

verdikt:
Okay this is really pissing off. Can't any of you guys come and say hello? We've been having this chan for such a long time and yet no one's here. :(
IRC? Isn't that, like, yesterday? :-)

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >