Forum topics: Previous | Next
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

the arabic subtitles aren't workin' for me...

I tried all the languages and everything is working great but it shows weird words... I mean they aren't arabic or anyother languages... there're just weird... and yeah I tried about 7 or 8 subtitles and they done the same thingy either so how to solve that...? thx.

dotXtreme:
I tried all the languages and everything is working great (huh?) but it shows weird words...

I mean they aren't arabic or anyother languages... there're just weird... and yeah I tried about 7 or 8 subtitles and they done the same thingy either so how to solve that...? thx.

So, English subtitles are working properly, and only the Arabic ones do not?

Does it look like this? 

ÃíÊåÇ ÇáÓíÏå ÇáÕÛíÑÉ ¡ ãÇÐÇ ÊÝÚáíä ¿

ÍÈá ãÑÈæØ Èå ÇáãÝÇÊíÍ
åÐÇ íÚäí ÔíÆÇ æÇÍÏÇ

looks as if the character set is wrong (i.e. Western European instead of Arabic)  Without further info, nobody can help you: which windows, media player, vobsub/ffdshow are you using? Have you used google etc to find out what's wrong already? Maybe there is a forum for your player?

have a look here as well, might be interesting for you.

oh that sucks... and yea it's show me the words...  I use K-Lite Codec Pack tho... 

I just tried to activate Arabic subtitles with ffdshow but I failed miserably, just the same as you: cryptic gibberish nonsense (not that I would know the difference, since I don't speak nor read Arabic)

Maybe someone from the Arabic community here on subscene can tell us how it's done...?

I'd like to know too.

Cheers 

Hi

Again, hardcoding was the only thing that worked for Arabic subs. I also came across a very useful tool to enlarge Arabic fonts to whatever size you like : SUB2SSA.. It's a free software that you can google for. In case the subs are in .srt, you can always rename the file into .sub and convert it via this tool into SSA. For "Style", I recommend "Arabic Transparent" Size 28, Bold. After that you can hardcode it using VirtualDub. Check this article for further useful information :
http://divxstation.com/article.asp?aId=100

Thanks

And, in case you're wondering :), it does not affect the quality of the video in the least.

Hi foofoohitec 

Are you saying that there is no way to get arabic subtitles on a SOFTWARE player on a PC? Can't believe that, you must've misunderstood. This is not the "how do I get arabic subs on my telly" ;-) It worked, by the way...one guy confirmed it. Yeah!

Anyway, I want to have arabic subs on my computer. Windows XP SP2, German/Western European version (but I have additional arabic codepages/fonts installed, so I can view them in the editor or Word.)

Whatever player, let's say my favourite would be media player classic. Do I need ffdshow? vobsub? Other software, patches? I never get the right characters, only this gibberish:

ÊÐßÑ Ãäß ÇáÑÌá ÇáÐí
ÅäÊÎÈÊå ÇáÃãÉ ÈÃßãáåÇ

Please? 

PS: There is no way on earth to reenconde without quality losses. No way. It might be a very small loss though, almost imperceptible....just a tiny weeny little bit. (You see, I am being sceptical)

Yours faithfully,

Doubting Thomas :D 

Hi Sysiphus :)

dotXtreme wasn't quite explicit as to where exactly he was having trouble displaying Arabic Subs, on a pc or a stand alone player. Ah well, now this is settled, yes Vobsub is a must. I used to get these funny characters (Unicode ?) too before installing it.

"This is not the "how do I get arabic subs on my telly" ;-) It worked, by the way...one guy confirmed it. Yeah!"  Yes I heard, and really glad it did. I promise to give it a try once I finish "rolling the stone up the hill", if ever -#o

As regards hardcoding, you ARE meticulous all right :)

Thomas the Believer :D

It can work .. Use "directVobSub 2.39" from "K-Lite Codec Pack" after Installing it playing any movie with arabic subtitle file (( xxx.srt or xxx.sub )) 1. Double click on directVobSub icon in task bar 2. In text settings click "Arial" 3. In Font change "DEFAULT (1)" to "ARABIC (178)" Now Enjoy Arabic Subtitle

It can work ....... Use "directVobSub 2.39" from "K-Lite Codec Pack" after Installing it playing any movie with arabic subtitle file (( xxx.srt or xxx.sub )).. 1. Double click on directVobSub icon in task bar.. 2. In text settings click "Arial".. 3. In Font change "DEFAULT (1)" to "ARABIC (178)"....... Now Enjoy Arabic Subtitle

Hi,

I recommend to always check FAQ and Tutorials, where you will find answers to your questions.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)