13 Jan 2012 6:58
Just to clarify things:
I am not against an API. I just wanted to point out that an API will have consequences, and that we should think about that before we decide anything.
An API is an application programming interface that would allow other software (like mediaplayers) to download subtitles automatically without using the website.
I'd be interested in the opinion of all community members. Some questions are:
1. Would you like to be able to download subtitles automatically from within your player?
2. What are the consequences for subscene?
3. What will happen to the subtitle community if most people don't have to visit the website any more?
4. What do you think about automatic subtitle uploads? Any dangers or problems?
5. Do you have any alternatives or any other ideas and thoughts about the whole topic?
Thanks in advance